I hope everyone had a wonderful Father’s Day celebrating all the great Dads in your life! Here is the week’s Monday Mashup with the top 5 things I’m loving this week:
- The Longest Day, supporting Alzheimer’s Association: June 21st is the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. This year, I am participating in the Longest Day to help raise awareness about Alzheimer’s – a disease that hits a little too close to home for me. My grandmother is currently battling this heart wrenching disease and my great-grandmother passed away from Alzheimer’s. On the Longest Day my family and I are putting together a day of activities in Mission Beach, from sunrise to sunset, in honor of my Grandmother. If you are able to help donate or if you’d like to participate in your own Longest Day activities please learn more here. Go Team Gram! #EndAlz
- TakeLessons: Are you contemplating putting your children in music or dance class? How about tutoring or foreign language for your older kids? TakeLessons is the nation’s leading online marketplace for finding and comparing qualified instructors in a range of subjects, including music, dance, acting, foreign languages, math and college exams. TakeLessons saves us busy parents time by creating a qualified database of instructors for your child’s unique needs. I can’t wait to try this service when Blake is a little older. (Piano lessons here we come!)
- San Diego Mom’s Night Out at BoConcept: The site I write for, San Diego Mom’s Night Out, is hosting a fun event on Juy 10th at BoConcept in Little Italy, San Diego. Come relax in style while enjoying bites from Isola Pizza Bar and Monello, wine from Bon Affair (as seen on Shark Tank), chair massages and polish changes from Se Spa, styling tips and shopping from M Boutique, a BoConcept swag bag and more! Tickets are $25 now through June 18th and will go up to $30 until the day of the event, or $35 at the door. Purchase tickets here. I hope to see you there!
- The Mountain Video: I found this video on the San Francisco Globe last week. A man took a trip to El Teide, one of Spain’s highest mountains, to film the Milky Way galaxy. This final video he put together is beautiful and inspiring and I love the music they chose. I actually have it playing right now as I write this, on repeat – very calming!
- 5 Minutes in a Mom’s Head: Did you see this circulating around Facebook? I’ve had several conversations about having “Mommy Brain” after becoming a mother and my philosophy is that we tend to get a little fuzzy because we have SO MUCH going on up there that we don’t even realize – mostly worry about our little ones and over analyzing everything that has to do with our children. This is a very accurate read for anyone who is a Mom.
Have a great week!