My toddler is starting to eat what we eat at every meal so I’ve been on a serious casserole kick lately. Casseroles are so easy to make for family meals, are great for leftovers, and, if done right, can also be very healthy. That’s why I was excited to try out this Healthy Breakfast Casserole dish – perfect for the whole family!
I actually made this dish for dinner because sometimes we like to mix it up and eat breakfast for dinner (we be cray!)
I’m a sucker for crescent rolls, so this was a must as the base of the casserole.
I also try to
hide include as many veggies as I can in any meal I give my toddler, so i packed my egg mixture full of zucchini and spinach.
I bought all of my ingredients at Whole Foods Market and opted for organic options to make this breakfast casserole as healthy as possible for my family. Hope you enjoy!
- 12 Organic Eggs
- 6-8 Pieces Turkey Bacon (or Sausage) – without nitrates
- 1 Bag Frozen Shredded Organic Hashbrowns
- 1 Can Crescent Roll Dough
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Veggies of your choosing (spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake or Fry Bacon (or sausage) until done and set aside to cool
- Spray baking dish with non-stick olive oil spray
- Place all Crescent Roll Dough on bottom of baking dish
- Evenly place the frozen shredded hash browns on top of the crescent roll dough
- Beat 12 eggs together then add your veggies and salt/pepper to egg mixture
- Pour egg mixture evenly on top of shredded hash browns
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes (or until egg is cooked through)
- Take out of oven, add shredded cheese evenly across the top
- Place back in oven until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbly
- Enjoy with freshly diced avocados on top and/or salsa!