The following is a sponsored post brought to you by Ground 2 Table. All opinions are my own.
I’m always looking for ways to cook healthy yet appetizing dinners for my family, including my toddler who’s expanding her taste buds day by day. That’s why I was so intrigued to hear about the organic spice company, Ground 2 Table and their mission to bring tasty, and healthy flavors to everyday meals.
About Ground 2 Table
Ground 2 Table is an organic food company that is passionate about serving flavorful, organic and sustainable food and ingredients in new ways for consumers. This company offers 12 organic spice blends free of salt, sugar, artificial flavorings and GMOs.
By providing an innovative, individual use packet of a product typically sold in bulk, Ground 2 Table hopes to educate consumers on small steps they can take to adopt their Buy Small | Use it All™ revolution – such a brilliant concept for a cook like me, since I have old spices in the back of my cupboard that I only used once – such a waste! Each spice blend inspires and keeps culinary creativity alive by providing endless ways to mix and match foods. Intended and designed for anyone from beginner cooks (present!) to accomplished chefs, the 12 organic spice blends are convenient and simplifies spice usage in sweet and savory meals.
The 12 signature spice blends truly cover all palate tastes and include an all-purpose, spicy all-purpose, taco, mesquite BBQ, salsa, steak, poultry, Chinese 5 spice, Italian, seafood, curry, and cinnamon and spice flavors.
I decided to try out the taco seasoning (spice blend 3) in lieu of other seasonings I previously used in my Southwestern Quinoa Enchilada Casserole Recipe, and the final outcome was incredible – not to mention salt, sugar, artificial flavorings and GMO free! Win-win! I recommend adding this healthy quinoa recipe to your weekly dinner rotations.
Southwestern Quinoa Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 package Near East Quinoa blend (flavor of choice)
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4- oz.) organic can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup organic canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet Ground 2 Table Taco Seasoning (Spice Blend 3)
- 2 Limes
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook quinoa on stove top on sauce pan according to box’s directions, and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish
- In a large bowl, mix: enchilada sauce, beans, corn, green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and cooked quinoa
- In small bowl, mix together Ground 2 Table Taco Seasoning (Spice Blend 3), juice from 2 limes and 1 Tbl. water. Add this mixture to the large bowl.
- Transfer large mixture to baking dish and top with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese until fully covered
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until warm and bubbling
- Take out and garnish with diced tomatoes, avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
And check out some other fun recipes utilizing Ground 2 Table’s spice blends, available on their recipe page here. Next on my list is the BBQ popcorn…yes, please!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Ground 2 Table. All opinions are my own.