Now that I have a beautiful daughter, I look forward to dressing her up in adorable outfits for each holiday. With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, I began searching Pinterest for the cutest outfits to help celebrate this love-filled holiday. Here are my top 9 faves (for boys and girls):
The old General Manager at my hotel use to come in my office almost every day and ask “do you have any golden nuggets for me today?” He wanted me to tell him any piece of good news as it related to marketing our hotel, so I’d always make sure I had something great to report to him.
Well, today I have TWO great “golden nuggets” of my own to share (not related to marketing a hotel, but more geared towards my current situation – Mommyhood)!
#1 – Blake slept for four hours straight last night! FOUR. HOURS. Now, before you conclude that I’ve completely lost my mind and that four hours is not something to brag about – let me tell YOU that she has previously only been sleeping for two hours at a time – sometimes only one hour! So she has doubled her sleep time, which means that I have doubled my sleep time, literally overnight! My four hours of sleep felt like 12 hours to my sleep-deprived body and I awoke feeling fresh as a daisy! (I also frantically checked to make sure she was still breathing because I couldn’t believe it had been 4 hours of uninterrupted snoozing)!
Sometimes it’s the little things that can change your life! 😉
In summary, she writes about how she previously thought that stay at home moms were lazy and that she could never be a stay at home mom – all until she had her first born and realized just how much work goes into raising a child.
This really hit home because I too have always been very skeptical of stay at home moms “living the good life” while we worker bees have to live day in and day out at our actual jobs. I also thought that while I was on maternity leave with baby I’d have dinner ready every night when my husband got home, house cleaned, and laundry done – I thought I’d just be twiddling my thumbs in boredom. Welp, I just want to go back in time and slap myself silly for thinking such absurd thoughts.
Being a mom is hard work! And when you’ve reached your wits end you can’t just pack up for the day and head home…you are home…and being a mom is a 24/7 job. And forget about doing anything else productive with your day like cooking and cleaning – all of your time is consumed with your precious little babe (at least when they are so small – I’ll have to report back once she gets a little older). To put it simply, being a mom is like getting hired for the most important job of your life and then living at that job 24/7. And a huge shout out to the Moms who have more than one child – I don’t know how you do it ladies but BRA-VO (slow clap standing ovation)! You are my idols!
The great part about all of this is that I absolutely love being a mom and being on maternity leave with my little babe. There’s no other place I’d rather be than here with Blake experiencing the world again for the first time through her eyes. Every moment is precious and I never want it to end!
After my family baby shower in Sacramento, California, it quickly became apparent that little miss thang is going to own way more clothes than me. Our friends and family have already spoiled her rotten with so many cute outfits, and I’m in love with every single one of them! One of my favorite things to do is hang all of her little clothes on the little pink hangers and place them in her closet (color coordinated, obvi) – it just makes everything feel real. Baby girl is going to be here before we know it and she’s going to rock these outfits. Here’s a look at some of my favorites so far (and I highly recommend you listen to Madonna’s Vogue heard here while browsing…you know you’re tempted):
1. A little wrap shirt with footed leggings from Under the Nile. 100% handpicked organic Egyptian cotton and looks so cuddly and warm.
2. The cutest dress and polk-a-dot sweater from Carter’s. I love this one because baby girl has so many pink outfits and this one spunks it up with bright yellow.
3. As a huge Top Gun (and aviator) fan, I love this “Danger Zone” onesie from Etsy (thanks Auntie Jac!)
4. “5, 6, 7, 8 keep it movin, 1 and 2…” I mean, this little gray sweatsuit outfit from Carter’s is just too much for words.
5. I wish you could touch the fabric on this outfit so you can appreciate the softness, but the name brand says it all: Feather Baby. And I just can’t handle the ruffled bell-bottoms – so chic! And if you live in Sacramento, check out this line at the cutest baby store in town, Puddles, A Children’s Shoppe.
6. This one melts my heart – so soft and furry and yes, those are baby bear footsies and baby bear ears on the hood – from Carter’s – Dying!
8. I love this bright blue onesie with little sunglasses and the pink flower broche from the Circo baby line at Target – so stinkin’ cute and so San Diego! (Peace, baby)
9. I know, this is not technically an outfit. But it is the cutest baby bath robe and slippers I’ve ever seen! Can’t wait for our little monkey to wear this after bath time! From the Baby Starters line available at Buy Buy Baby.
…Vogue, vogue, vogue, vogue…..