Now that I’m officially on maternity leave and have some extra time, I’ve decided to start cooking new, healthy meals every night. I’m a huge fan of mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil anything, so this chicken dish was very appealing – not to mention easy for this rookie chef!
– 2 Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
– Mozzarella Cheese – enough slices to cover the chicken breasts
– Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
– 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
– 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
– 1 Bunch of Basil, chopped
– 1 Tbl Olive Oil
– 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop tomatoes, onions and basil and add to a mixing bowl:
- Mix vegetables with olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic (I buy the pre-minced garlic from Sprouts):
- Brown chicken breasts in skillet on the stove top, adding salt and pepper to each side
- Place browned chicken breasts in Pyrex dish and place mozzarella cheese on top:
- Add tomatoes, basil, onions, garlic and oils mixture on top, place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked:
- Dinner is ready! Bon Appetite!