Sangria is one of my favorite drinks to celebrate longer days, warmer nights and the carefree joys of summertime. You just can’t go wrong with wine and fresh fruit! Taking note of the current “spicy drink” trend (spicy margaritas, moscow mules, etc.) I decided to turn it up a notch and add jalapeños to my next batch of white wine sangria (I know, I know I’m CRAY like that). The finished product was actually quite nice and refreshing with just the right amount of spice to take this old drink recipe and mix things up a bit, literally. Here is the recipe for a Spicy White Wine Sangria:
- 2 Bottles of your favorite white wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc)
- Big handful of Strawberries, halved
- (1) Lime, cut into wedges
- (1) Orange, cut into wedges
- Big handful of Blueberries
- (1) Jalapeño, sliced and seeded (you can use more or less jalapeño depending on your spice tolerance)
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- If you have remaining room in your jug, add Club Soda until it’s fizzy
Mix all ingredients together and let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Serve over ice in mason jars with fun straws if you really want to impress your guests at summer BBQ’s!