I just need to get this off my chest – most maternity clothes are not cute. In fact, most are a single thread away from hideous. I was just about to write-off maternity clothes altogether and accept my dreaded fate of wearing my husband’s oversized t-shirts and sweatpants when I came across some great brands who offer some (dare I say it out loud) stylish pieces. Because who says pregnant women can’t rock the latest fashion trends?
Here are my Top 10 maternity outfit picks that I’m loving for Fall 2013:
1. Isabella Oliver Leather Legging from ASOS: I’ve been pinning tons of leather pants on my My Style Pinterest board, promising myself that next fall/winter I’d be able to wear this trendy piece. But alas, Elizabeth Oliver came to the rescue with maternity leather leggings, available at ASOS!
2. Isabella Oliver Swing Dress from ASOS: The perfect casual dress for San Diego “fall” weather! Just add some trendy ankle boots and this look is complete!
3. Luxlight Rugby Stripe Pullover from Gap Maternity: If this piece is not Sunday-football worthy then I don’t know what is. So cute, I want one in every color.
4. Mama Dress from H&M: I think they meant hot Mama in the description. Can you ever go wrong with a piece from H&M? (the answer is no.) Love the color and the belt and I especially love this with tights and ankle boots!
5. Maternity Exclusive Body-Conscious Dress In Lace With Ribbon Detail from ASOS: Perfect for any fancy event scheduled this Fall. Also looks good with a mock-tini in hand.
6. Maternity Midi Tulip Dress With Ruching from ASOS: I’m just so excited that this dress comes in navy! Classic, gorgeous and a must-have for any special occasion happening between the months of September and November.
7. The Hang-out Dress from Hatch Collection: Comfort and style meets shabby-chic. I like how this look is easy and comfortable (two big pluses when you’re pregnant).
8. Mama Jersey Top from H&M: Simple and easy to pair with any skinny maternity jeans or leggings.
9. Maternity Knitted Dress With V Neck and Pleated Waist from ASOS: the pleated waist and v-neck make this a prego show-stopper. It would also look great with some textured tights and ankle boots.
10. Madison Marcus Long Sleeve Zip Front Maternity Sweater from A Pea in the Pod: I can’t help but love everything in stripes this year. The zipper makes it unique and stylish and are those (gasp) leather pants to pair this with? Amazing!