I’ve decided to start a new series called Monday Mashup because I’m constantly coming across great blogs or articles that I think are interesting or entertaining and I’d love to start sharing these with you all, every Monday. Sharing is caring, amiright? So, without further ado, here are my top 5 mashups this week:
1. ‘This is How I Feel’ series on Oakland Avenue: I love Laura Wifler’s blog, Oakland Avenue, especially her series called ‘This is How I Feel’ – moms and dads alike will get a kick out of these very accurate GIFs – it’s seriously laugh-out-loud funny. Mike and I scrolled through every single one and were both DYING laughing. Oh, parenting.
2. Confessions of a New Mom: While you’re over at Oakland Avenue, check out my guest blog post spilling the beans about my Confessions as a New Mom. Yes, I like cleaning lint out of Blake’s toes and I don’t care who knows it!
3. Moms’ Night Out, the movie: Did you hear about the new movie coming out called ‘Moms’ Night Out’? I can’t wait to see this comedy as I’m sure it’ll be quite amusing to all of us mothers! San Diego Mom’s Night Out is hosting a fun event at AMC Mission Valley theater where moms throughout San Diego will be able to mix and mingle with some light bites, desserts and cocktails and then sit down and watch this new flick. I can’t wait and I hope to see all of you San Diego mamas there! Click here for details and tickets.
4. VIPink at Westfield Malls: Have you purchased your VIPink card yet? This coming weekend, May 3-4, Westfield shopping centers nationwide, in partnership with Bright Pink, will join in a celebration of women. With the VIPink card, you will receive 20% off premiere retailers and weekend entertainment and treats. All proceeds from the $10 VIPink card go to Bright Pink, the only national nonprofit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. Each Westfield mall will also hold a weekend of fun activities to participate in. Here in San Diego:
- Westfield UTC is celebrating with a fun Photo Booth Bus, Dessert Bar, 20% off at participating premiere retailers and DJ Layla spinning. For more details and to buy your VIPink card, click here.
- Westfield North County is celebrating with a ‘Mommy and Me’ event including mini-manicures, hand print ceramic tiles for your little ones, photo booth fun, sweet treats and of course the 20% off at participating premiere retailers. For more details and to buy your VIPink card, click here.
- Also, don’t forget to ENTER TO WIN a $50 giftcard to Westfield North County here!
5. Bikini Series from Tone It Up: Summer is upon us and, lets be honest, I haven’t worked out since FitFabFeb (wow, that was 3 months ago!) That’s why I was very interested when my friend (who blogs over at the cutest site, Little Better Halves – check it out!) told me about this Bikini Series from Tone It Up. They provide weekly workouts, recipes, daily motivation, prizes, and the best lifestyle and fitness challenges to get you ready for summer! And the best part? It’s FREE! I’m all signed up and ready to TONE.IT.UP, son!
Have a great week!