Happy first day of spring! There’s something about the first day of spring that just screams new beginnings. The flowers blooming, the birds chirping, Tucker chasing the birds that are chirping…
I always like to set little goals for myself right around this time, because, let’s be honest, my New Year’s resolutions don’t always stick at first (I think everyone needs a good couple of months after the holidays to recover and regroup).
So, in no particular order, here is my list of 5 goals for Spring 2014:
1. Exercise More: I know,I know, SO predictable. But after my Fit, Fab Feb, I pretty much fell off the wagon. With this warm weather upon us, thinking about getting back into a bikini after having a baby is probably the scariest thing I’ve faced since a man with a chain saw chased me at a haunted house two Halloween’s ago (and that was TERR-I-FY-ING)! That being said, I MUST find the time to workout. And “finding the time” has come to mean, incorporating Blake into my workouts. Here are some great links featuring workouts that incorporate your baby. Blake and I tried a few of these and Blake laughed the whole time – so much fun!
- 8 New Workout Moves to do with a Baby
- Mommy and Me Workouts
- 12 Exercises for Mom and Baby
- Working Out with Baby
2. Entertain in our Backyard: Pre-baby I use to love to entertain at our house. Strike that, pre-pregnancy! I tried to entertain a few times while I was prego and the whole, being too tired to enjoy the party and not being able to indulge in an adult-beverage with my guests, really just put a kibosh on the whole thing. But, now that Blake is a little older and not crying every hour, I can’t wait to host some fun spring and summer parties in our backyard! After finding this awesome lantern at HomeGoods and digging out this cool book from the closet, I’m ready to start planning some par-ties!
Get your party pants on and follow my Outdoor Entertaining Pinterest Board for inspiration!
3. Plan Summer Vacations: Some of the best memories from my childhood were while we were on vacation. I can’t wait to take Blake on so many fun adventures, exploring new cities and countries. I want her to know how to get dirty while roughing it camping but also how to dress up for afternoon tea in Paris. (Check out more of my hopes for her, written before she was even born). I just can’t wait to show her the world! This summer we’ll be taking her to Lake Tahoe, Colorado and the Outer Banks to start. So much planning, so little time!
4. Launch my Business: It’s official – I won’t be returning to Hyatt after my maternity leave. After living and breathing that job for 4 years, it’s time for me to take the next step professionally and launch my own marketing consulting business. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, but finally life seems to be just where it should be in order to take this next step. It will also allow me a flexible schedule to be a full-time “Mommy” to Miss Blake. So, with one client strong, I’m launching KH Marketing in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I’ll even throw a Launch Party to also help with my goal #2?
5. Teach Blake How to Walk: Juuust kidding – the child is not even 4 months old! But, I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next. Her belly laughing and now, rolling over are so adorable I just don’t know how she’s going to top those. (Somehow, I know she will).